Large Wind Turbine ByLaw Review Sub-Committee
Members Present: Ann Krawet, Al Blake, Bob Gross and Maria Wallington
The meeting began at 7:00 p.m.
The organization of the committee was discussed and Ann Krawet was announced as Chair and Al Blake as Secretary for this meeting
Ann handed out copies of the following items:
1. Charge from the Planning Board
2. Wind energy jargon
3. The existing bylaw, “Article 6.7-- Large Wind Energy System”
4. Many other related documents
It was noted that all members must be sworn in to participate
The Charge to the Large Wind Turbine ByLaw Review Sub-Committee
was reviewed. It was noted that the charge was for 5 people who are voting members of Becket, and only 4 have been appointed so far. Bill Gerard has expressed interest in joining; however, he is not a voting member of the town – will explore potential of his participation as a non-voting member of the committee and/or possibility of only having 4
The Suggestions for next meetings were agreed on.
- The Committee agreed to read all of the documents that were handed out.
- Bob will do research on web
- Maria will forward report from a symposium that was on the topic
- The committee will obtain missing pages from current bylaws, review and attempt to highlight sections that may be pertinent to us.
Next meeting was tentatively scheduled for 1/28 at 9 a.m. with an alternate of 1/29 at 1 p.m.