July 1, 2013
Are you making tax payments using your bank’s on line bill pay?
We want to advocate and encourage taxpayers to make on line payments as much as possible because it is the most efficient way for us to receive and process tax payments. Please make those on line payments through the Town’s website, not by using your bank’s on line bill pay feature. The checks from the banks can make the taxpayers’ intentions ambiguous as to which bills are being paid and even if the intention is clear, all bills paid in this manner have to be reproduced for recordkeeping purposes wasting time and printing supplies in the Tax Collector’s Office. The Unipay Gold payment site is accessed through the Town of Becket’s website:
There is a link to “Pay Your Taxes On Line” under Useful Links in the middle of the homepage.
Advantages to Unipay Gold:
- One Time Registration makes quarterly payments quick and efficient as your profile and checking account information are stored on Unibank’s secure server.
- All of your Town of Becket Taxes including real estate, personal property, districts, and excise may be paid through the site.
- The taxpayer adds bill payments individually to a cart, keeping a running total with a check out after all payments have been added. No ambiguity as to which bill is being paid and how much is being applied to it.
- Payments may be scheduled and/or transacted right up until midnight on the due date. No need to calculate or consider “guaranteed” delivery dates from your bank that count on the post office for delivery.
- Payments may be made after the due date by simply calling our office for an updated figure to include any fees and/or interest due. Once the due date has passed the amount due will show as zero with a note requesting a phone call to our office.
- Funds remain in your checking account until the day after your scheduled payment date.
- A receipt may be printed upon making or scheduling a payment.
- An email confirmation is sent when making or scheduling a payment. Another e-mail is sent when your scheduled payment is actually transacted.
- Accurate reporting in a format that is acceptable for recordkeeping is available for the Tax Collector without the need to reproduce tax bills.
Thank you in advance for switching to Unipay Gold joining the growing number of taxpayers who have already been using the site for years. Please contact us at the number or e-mail address above with any questions about using the site or payments in general.