Community Preservation Committee
Meeting: January 26, 2009 Town Hall 7:00 P.M.
Attendance: Bill Cavenaugh, Rita Furlong, Kathy Vsetecka, Rob Gorden
Absent: Neil Toomey, Bob Podolski, Jeanne Pryor
- Decided to meet monthly on the second Wednesday at 7:00
- Elected officers: Neil Toomey-Chairman
Rob Gorden- Vice Chairman
Jeanne Pryor- Clerk
These decisions were made by those attending and may be altered if absent persons do not accept positions.
- Clerk will take minutes and post meetings.
- We created a membership list including phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Copies will be given to all members.
- We will elect officers annually at the January meeting. Rotation of officers elected will occur if possible.
- Records will be kept in a file drawer in the copy room labeled CPA.
- A yearly report will be given at the ATM. Eventually, when moneys have accrued, suggested expenditures will be voted on at the annual meeting.
- Suggested expenditures must be approved by the state before ATM voting.
- Ideas suggested at this meeting for possible future projects are: protect old town records, cemetery stone repair/restoration, elderly/low income housing, non-vinyl siding for the town hall. Future ideas will be listed until sufficient funds are accrued for a project.
- Discussion was held on the feasibility of a housing project and so Rob will get information on how the housing project works in Stockbridge and Worthington .
- February meeting may be a training session on how CPA works and what the committee is responsible for monthly. Town administrator will contact the state to set up this session.
- Next meeting will be on Wed. February 11, 2009.
Meeting adjourned: 7:40
Rita Furlong, Clerk Pro-tem