Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the website for Becket, Massachusetts

Green Community Sign

E-Government Award Receipient
Becket, Massachusetts, Town Seal

Click for Becket, MA Forecast
How To Apply For Benefits
How to Apply for Benefits

Applications for Chapter 115 Public Assistance benefits can be filed with the Veterans‘ Agent. Becket’s Veterans’ Agent is Doug Mann, a 14 year Navy veteran. His office is in the Airoldi Building in Lee (across from the Lee Post Office parking lot).

If you are not a Becket resident, here's how to find your Agent:
See the Department of Veterans’ Services website in Massachusetts.
Call your local city/town hall and ask for Veterans' Services.
Or, call the Department of Veterans’ Services, 617-210-5480 and ask for your Veterans’ Agent name and contact information.

Examples of documents needed for application (speak to your Veterans’ Agent for a full list of documents required)

DD214 or other discharge certificate
Income verification (pay stubs, award letters or other documents showing monthly income) Shelter verification (rent receipt or mortgage payment)

To Establish Relationship as a Veteran's Dependent Marriage certificate (for spouse or widow/widower of a veteran) Birth certificate or adoption record with name of eligible veteran as parent (for each child of a veteran who will also receive benefits) Death certificate (for widow/widower of a veteran, child of deceased
Birth certificate of veteran with name of parent (for parent of a veteran) Public record or statements from the veteran or other knowledgeable people, showing that the applicant stood in place of a parent to the veteran for five years immediately preceding the veteran's wartime service (for person in place of a parent to a veteran)

All documents should be brought to Veterans’ Service office at the time of application.

Virtual Towns & Schools Website