Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the website for Becket, Massachusetts

Green Community Sign

E-Government Award Receipient
Becket, Massachusetts, Town Seal

Click for Becket, MA Forecast
What should I include in my application?
A complete application will include:
·       A description of your work: what it is that you want to do, what steps are involved in the project and in what order those steps will occur, a timeline for the work, and other relevant information described below.
·       A site plan: that shows where your property is located, your property lines, and other relevant information described below.
·       A delineation of resource areas and jurisdictional areas, these should be shown on your site plan, and resource areas clearly marked on your property.
·       Erosion Controls: describe what measures will be taken to minimize erosion, stabilize disturbed areas, and block potential erosion, and show on your site plan where these controls will be located.
·       A well defined work area: mark on your plan where the work will be taking place, including where the equipment will enter and exit, where trees are that may be cut down, what the limit of disturbance is on the property, where structures will be built, etc.
·       Equipment: describe what equipment will be used to accomplish the work.
·       Storage area: show where the materials , demolition debris, fill and machinery, will be stored.
·       Fill: describe where and what type of fill, if any, will be used in the project.
·       Grade changes: identify any changes to the grade of the property that are proposed, including location, height and depth, explain why these changes are necessary and how they may impact resource areas or water flow.
·       Ground stabilization: identify how the ground will be stabilized after construction is completed, including the type of any plantings that may be used.

Not every project will need all of this information.  But the more complete your application is, the easier it will be for the Commission to make a timely ruling on your project.  Contact the Conservation Commission with any questions.

Virtual Towns & Schools Website