Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the website for Becket, Massachusetts

Green Community Sign

E-Government Award Receipient
Becket, Massachusetts, Town Seal

Click for Becket, MA Forecast
What type of application form should I use for my project?
What type of application form should I use for my project?
The type of form depends on the type of project or activity and its proximity to a resource area . The most common forms are described below. These are simplified summaries- please look at the application forms and instructions for full details. Application forms are issued by the state Department of Environmental Protection. Forms can be downloaded on-line or picked up at Becket Town Hall during office hours.  Some forms can be filed electronically on line.

It is important to follow instructions when filling out the forms; an incomplete, incorrect, or confusing application may cause the Commission to postpone ruling on your application, or to deny the permit. The Commission may require that supporting materials (plans and calculations) be prepared by

RDA, Request for Determination of Applicability (WPA Form 1): The RDA is a process which provides applicants with the option of seeking a determination on the applicability of the Wetlands Protection Act to their proposed site or activity. Use this form to determine whether the Act applies to a particular area of land, to confirm the precise boundaries of any delineated resource area, or to determine whether the Act applies to work that is planned within a resource area  or jurisdictional  area. Before filing this form to confirm the boundary delineation of a resource area, the applicant should discuss other delineation review options with the Conservation Commission. The Commission may require that a different form be used.

NOI, Notice of Intent (WPA Form 3): Use this form if you want to remove, dredge, fill, or alter land or water in or around a resource area. The wetland regulations describe the type and extent of work that may be permitted in jurisdictional areas, called performance standards. The NOI application must address how the proposed work will meet these standards.  In addition to the basic site and project information required in all applications, the Conservation Commission may require that supporting plans and calculations be prepared and stamped by a registered professional engineer (PE), or other professional, when the complexity of the proposed work warrants it. Examples of information likely to require professional certification include: hydraulic and hydrologic calculations; critical elevations and inverts; and drawings for water control structures such as head walls, dams, and retention areas.

ANOI, Abbreviated Notice of Intent (WPA Form 4): The Abbreviated Notice of Intent (WPA Form 4) simplifies filing requirements for projects that are likely to result in limited impacts to wetlands and other resource areas. The form may be used when the proposed work will disturb less than 1,000 square feet of surface area within the Buffer Zone and/or Land Subject to Flooding, or less than 1,000 square feet of Riverfront Area, provided the work conforms to the requirements of 310 CMR 10.58(4)(c)2.a. pertaining to analysis of alternatives; and when neither a Department of Army permit nor a Chapter 91 Waterways license from the Department of Environmental Protection is required.

ANRAD, Abbreviated Notice of Resource Area Delineation (WPA Form 4A): The ANRAD provides a procedure for an applicant to confirm the delineation of wetlands, or to serve as the application for Simplified Review of projects with work areas entirely outside the resource areas and at least 50’ away from all wetlands. If an ANRAD is filed for a wetland delineation, confirmation of other resource areas may also be requested. For those applicants filing for simplified review for Buffer Zone projects, applicants are required to certify (and affirmatively check) that the project complies with certain eligibility requirements in terms of location of work in relation to the resource area, topography of the site, and more.

Virtual Towns & Schools Website