Any decision made by the Conservation Commission on an NOI or RDA may be appealed to the DEP within ten business days of the postmark of the decision sent to DEP by the Commission. The Commission has 21 days to issue and send the approved permit to DEP and to the applicant, but generally files this paperwork within several days of the meeting where a determination is made.
Only the following persons may appeal a permit:
1. the applicant
2. the owner, if not the applicant;
3. any person aggrieved by an RDA Determination or an NOI Order of Conditions
4. any owner of land abutting the land on which the work is to be done
5. any ten residents of the town where the land is located
6. the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection